During this time of uncertainty, flexibility, and approaching our work in unprecedented ways, ASCA recognizes the value in remaining connected to our friends and colleagues for idea sharing, problem solving, and maintaining a sense of connection.
To bring us together, ASCA invites you to participate in five weeks of twice daily discussions on a wide variety of topics that have become parts of the conversation as campuses shift their daily operations, campus and student services, and more at an unbelievably rapid pace. None of us have all the answers and these informal sessions are not intended to be webinars with deliverables. Instead, we offer a safe place to engage with conversations with peers about the nuances of the crisis at hand and how it affects our work and our lives.
Please visit the ASCA Events Calendar to reserve a spot in one or more of these small group discussions offered at both 10am Pacific and 10am Eastern. To ensure quality dialogue, registrations will be limited to the first 20 persons. This space is provided free of charge as a member benefit, but non-members are welcome to join for a nominal fee.
*Concluded sessions link to a daily blog recapping the day's conversations.
- April 6: Group Accountability in a Time of Isolation
- April 7: Altered Academics, Altered Academic Integrity
- April 8: Investigation Modification
- April 9: Interventions from Afar: Adjusting BIT/CARE Response
- April 14: Continued Compliance: Decentralized Records-Keeping and Reporting
- April 15: Lower-Level Violations: To Pursue or Not to Pursue?
- April 16: Shaking Up Sanctioning
- April 17: Short-Term Quarantine, Long-Term Impacts: Future of Higher Ed
- April 20: Maintaining Motivation
- April 21: Now What? Board-Based Hearings From a Distance
- April 22: Jurisdiction, Authority, and Institutional Responsibility
- April 23:Continued Communication with Students
- April 24: Five Months Since Wuhan: Reflections and Projections on the Pandemic