Archive June 2023
All of the articles archived for the month that you have specified are displayed below.
2023 Juneteenth Resources#Juneteenth commemorates the day in 1865 when slavery ended in the US. Although the Emancipation Proclamation was signed in 1863, communication of emancipation did not reach the 250,000 enslaved persons in Texas until Union troops arrived to the territory nearly two-and-a-half years later.
Summer Intern Wanted
We're Looking For a Summer Intern!
ASCA Summer Intern Position Description:
The ASCA Summer Intern provides support for the daily operations of the Central Office of Association for Student Conduct Administration. This intern will assist with the transition to the new Association Management System (AMS). The Central Office serves as the home office for ASCA and is a primary contact point for Association members and officers. The Summer Intern will be supervised by the Director of Member Experience & Operations.
Duties performed to provide support for the ASCA Central Office Staff include:
- Participating in team initiatives, after training, to create the AMS systems including data management and leading teams testing and evaluating the systems;
- Responding to members and association leadership regarding inquiries and needs via the main Central Office phone line and email;
- Problem solving and referring when needed to the lead Central Office staff member;
- Serving as the primary individual to complete mail merge communication for Association members; and
- Actively assisting Central Office staff to eliminate duplication of efforts and to streamline the flow of operations; and
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is a fully remote, six-week paid position: 40 hour per week at $17/hour, the July 4th Holiday Pay, and 21 hours of PTO. There may be the ability for the Intern to experience portions of the Gehring Academy, if desired.
As a fully remote position, the Summer Intern will need to have:
- Reliable access to the internet;
- Cell phone; and
- Professional demeanor and commitment to relationship building with and service to student conduct practitioners.
If interested, please email your resume and a statement on how this internship will support your future professional goals to Josh Cutchens, Director of Membership Experience and Operations, at email@example.com.
The review of applicant information will begin on June 5, 2023.
The preferred start date for the successful candidate is as early as June 12, 2023, and as late as June 30, 2023.