Gehring Faculty Fellow Apps Due
April 15, 2019
Time: 8:00 AM CST - 11:59 PM CST
The ASCA Gehring Academy Faculty Fellowship (Faculty Fellow) offers a unique opportunity to gain insight into the Gehring Academy (the Academy) and faculty’s unique role. The goal of the Faculty Fellow program is to help prepare members to potentially serve as Gehring Academy facilitators in the future.
Main time commitments for the Faculty Fellow role include providing organizational and administrative support to the Track Coordinator and faculty as needed and directed by the Track Coordinator and attending the Gehring Academy in Indianapolis, IN, July 21-25, 2019. Additionally, the Faculty Fellow assists with all track curricular development aspects of the planning prior to and execution of the Academy onsite including, but not limited to:
- Attend all track and faculty teleconference and onsite planning meetings.
- Assist Track Coordinator in preparing for faculty meetings.
- Shadow Track Coordinator throughout the Academy and assist as needed.
- Provide logistical, clerical, research, and instructional support to Track Coordinator and faculty.
- Problem-solve as appropriate and represent the Gehring Academy faculty positively.
- Instruct select sections of track content per Track Coordinator’s request.
- Actively engage in all track classroom sessions, report concerns, and provide observations to the Track Coordinator.
- Participate in panels and/or group assignments as assigned by the Track Coordinator.
- Mentor track participants through group and/or individual activities including meals and/or social activities.
- Attend Academy opening and all associated receptions/events.
To be considered for the Gehring Academy Faculty Fellow position, please complete the application and include all requested information. All interest form materials will be due on Monday, April 15 2019, by 5:00 p.m. CDT. All interest forms submitted by the due date will receive FULL consideration as part of the appointment process.