Start Date: 9/14/2020 12:00 PM EDT
End Date: 9/28/2020 11:59 PM EDT
OPEN TO ALL! WIth the need for a virtual setting, this regional event will be able to accommodate all geographic areas.
The annual training for New England Conduct Officers has gone virtual! This training will be a "go at your own pace" program that attendees can attend at their convenience over a two-week period. Presenters will engage with attendees during the two-week period leading up to their Q&A availability.
This is designed for new conduct officers to learn about the basic components of holding a student conduct hearing. Topics will include the history of student conduct, legal foundations, hearing preparation, effective questioning, building rapport, motivational interviewing skills, the decision-making process, sanctioning, and rationale writing.
There will be two live components:
- Kick Off Event (tentatively Sept. 14, Noon Eastern)
- Live Q&A with Presenters for Each Topic
- History and Case Law – Megan Buda, Director of Community Standards, University of Connecticut, email@example.com
- Preparing for the Hearing – Shondrika Merritt, Senior Director for Student Advocacy/Assistant Dean of Students, The New School, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questioning and Intentional Conversations – Lindsay Ferguson, Assistant Director of Community Standards, Tufts University, Lindsay.Ferguson@tufts.edu
- Decision Making and Sanctioning – Melissa Woolsey, Associate Director, Boston College, email@example.com
ASCA Members: $25