Assistant Director for Student Conduct
To assist in administering the university’s student conduct process, utilizing a student-focused and learning-centered lens to uphold individual and community standards; foster an environment of personal accountability for decisions; promote personal growth and development of life skills; and care for the well-being, health, safety and property of all members of the University community. To serve as a University Conduct Officer, reviewing, investigating, adjudicating and managing conduct cases. To serve as a resource for various institutional stakeholders and to provide outreach to the UAB community. To assist in promoting the vision, mission and shared values of the Office of Student Conduct & Outreach, the Division of Student Affairs and the University.
- Serves as a University Conduct Officer, reviewing, investigating, adjudicating and managing conduct cases, including violations that lead to suspension or expulsion from the University.
- Coordinates various central functions of the Office of Student Conduct & Outreach, including any of the following:
- coordinates student conduct process within Student Housing & Residence Life, including coordinating case referrals and leading Residence Life Coordinators in their roles as University Conduct Officers;
- coordinates student conduct programming and outreach efforts;
- serves as an advisor for the Undergraduate Student Government Association Judicial Branch;
- supervises one graduate intern;
- coordinates conduct records review and Dean’s Certification process;
- assists with coordination of the recruitment, selection, and training of members of the University Conduct Board;
- assists with coordination of student conduct assessment efforts, including developing and implementing learning outcomes and assessment tools; and
- assists with coordination of tracking of Clery Act Annual Security Report data for office.
- Assists with adjudication and management of high complexity cases, including organizational misconduct, discrimination, sexual harassment and sexual violence.
- Serves as an advisor for University Conduct Board and Administrative Hearing Officer hearings as needed.
- Provides advocacy, assistance and training regarding university policies and procedures, including policies related to student conduct.
- Conducts assessments and research on trends and best practices related to student conduct.
- Works collaboratively with units throughout the University and serves on various departmental and institutional committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Assistant Director for Student Conduct
||The University of Alabama at Birmingham
|Posting Start Date:
Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, Counseling, Social Work, Personnel Administration or a related field and two (2) years of related experience required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
- Understanding of student development theories and counseling/helping strategies and ability to apply theory to practice in a university setting.
- Experience working collaboratively with other units within an institution and the community, including faculty.
- Knowledge of current trends and issues facing the student conduct field and higher education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations and guidelines related to student conduct.
- Experience coordinating departmental or institutional processes.
- Experience developing and implementing programming and outreach efforts.
- Ability to develop and implement innovate educational models, including proactive programming and outreach opportunities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, a collaborative communication style, strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in fast-paced, high energy environment.
For fullest consideration, please be certain to showcase on job profile how skill set and experience aligns to the needs of this job. Be certain to attach resume. Attachment(s) MUST be checked as relevant file to upload with this job profile. Incomplete job applications will not be processed. To submit your application, visit the job posting.
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of, race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans.
For additional information, contact Jonathan Adams, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Why UAB to learn more about the University and benefits and this video to learn more about our history and campus. To see Birmingham from above, visit here. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the interview process will be conducted virtually using Zoom.
||This listing expires on: 11/27/2020