Student Conduct Manager
Basic Functions & Responsibilities
Fox Valley Technical College is committed to a non-adversarial, educational and learning/development-based conduct philosophy. The Manager of Student Conduct assists students in understanding their rights and responsibilities as community members and serves as a liaison to faculty, staff, and community members in response to conduct matters. This position also collaborates with other campus departments to provide support with behavioral intervention strategies to assist students in their overall well-being and academic success. This position also assumes a leadership role in the development and implementation of district-wide college policies, procedures, training and education related to student rights and responsibilities. The Manager works to ensure that student conduct is administered in a fair, impartial, non-adversarial, and developmental manner and works closely with the appropriate personnel in determining an effective response, consistent with appropriate laws and college policies. This position also provides leadership to the college’s Behavior Intervention Team (BIT). The Conduct Manager must have the ability to balance empathy with accountability and high standards for both staff and students. This position will also be prevention-oriented, by analyzing current and past behavior trends to identify training opportunities for faculty and staff.
Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.
Essential Job Functions/Secondary Job Functions
Essential Job Functions
- Assess, research, develop, implement and consistently update all conduct and student behavior-related procedures, training, publications and policies, including the Student Code of Conduct, with special emphasis on the development of student learning opportunities and staff and student safety.
- Ensure that student and college rights and responsibilities are upheld in regard to disciplinary processes and hearings. Work with the college on a case by case basis regarding student conduct and disciplinary situations.
- Receives, reviews, and processes reports on student behavioral concerns and alleged violations of the FVTC Student Code of Conduct. Carries out initial research and determines or follows appropriate process or response for a variety of situations.
- Investigate alleged conduct violations in accordance with the FVTC Student Code of Conduct procedures. Make decisions and communicate decisions and sanctions to students. Consult as needed with the Associate VP of Student Services or designee in cases of possible suspension or expulsion.
- Maintain accurate and timely student behavior and discipline records utilizing Maxient software.
- Develop an intervention/response plan and manage the implementation of the plan through resolution. This may involve referring students to appropriate services, both on and off campus. Identify community resources and establish collaborative partnerships.
- Serve as the lead member of the college’s Behavioral Intervention Team, facilitating regular BIT meetings, identifying national best practices, and using BIT member feedback to strengthen existing practice.
- Manage Maxient software and utilize the data from Maxient to analyze student behavior trends and identify training opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Participate as a member of the Clery Compliance and Title IX teams.
- Collaborate with appropriate college service departments (counseling services, education support services, etc.) to develop and conduct training modules in how to respond to student behavioral concerns. Training topics may include classroom management, best practices and trends in the area of mental health, and FVTC Student Code of Conduct procedures.
- Create and Lead a Threat Assessment team using tools such as NABITA threat assessment and/or other appropriate tools. Work to prevent violent situations on campus by identifying potential threats and taking the lead role to coordinate and implement proactive measures in collaboration with the Student Services Managers, Security Services and other departments.
- As appropriate, partner with FVTC Security Staff who serve as a liaison with local law enforcement.
- Participate in training of Tech Village Resident Assistants.
- Provide proactive education and training to students regarding student rights and responsibilities and the Student Code of Conduct.
- Maintain an active membership in professional organizations such as the National Association for Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment (NABITA) and the Association for Student Conduct Administration (ASCA.)
- Collaborate and assist with conduct related issues for FVTC students co-enrolled or affiliated with partner institutions.
- Collaborate with outside service agencies where appropriate and when proper releases have been signed.
Secondary Job Functions
- Assist the college in student retention initiatives.
- Foster a positive relationship between FVTC, our students and the community.
Student Conduct Manager
||Fox Valley Technical College
|Posting Start Date:
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Student Personnel, or a related field required. Master’s degree and professional training in Student Conduct desired, AND,
- Five years of experience working in a higher education student affairs setting, OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Essential Aptitudes, Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics
- Commitment to customer service, continuous improvement, student learning and success.
- Demonstrated success in team based operations and management
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills and internal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, faculty, support staff, and students.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to create and foster a team environment.
||This listing expires on: 6/24/2021