Assoc Director, Student Involvement
San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Assoc Director, Student Involvement
Open to All
• Experience developing, coordinating, and planning programming and services relevant to student activities and/or related experience on a college campus for a minimum of six years full-time experience
• Experience in advising student leaders and/or student organization(s) in a higher education setting for a minimum of three full-time years
• Experience developing, coordinating, and planning large-scale programs on a college campus
• Experience with assisting with interpretation and/or enforcement of university policies and procedures related to campus activities and student organizations on a university campus
• Experience creating, conducting, and assessing workshops for students, student organizations, or faculty/staff advisors to student organizations
• Experience in managing budgets, expenditures, and/or revenue
• Experience in assessment practices related to program planning and student learning
• Must be available to work nights and weekends
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Master’s degree in student personnel, higher education, recreation, or related field
• Experience supervising staff (graduate or professional) in higher education setting
• Experience with serving on a conduct board (university or student organization related)
• Experience creating and executing on-boarding and continuous training components for graduate assistant and/or professional staff
• Membership and/or experience with fraternity and sorority life
Serve as a member of the leadership team for Student Involvement and assist with coordinating, assessment, and reporting initiatives. The areas of responsibility include; student organization administration and development, organization conduct and risk management education, campus access, expressive activity, campus activities, and pride and traditions. Responsible for case management of student organization conduct investigations by conducting administrative reviews and conducting applicable trainings/presentations for organizations to meet sanction requirements. Directly responsible for advising and coordinating the programming, development, marketing and educational outreach of student organizations and student organization advisors. Provides direction in interpretation and enforcement of policies and procedures related to student organization processes. Supervise one full-time Student Development Specialist II, one full-time Student Development Specialist I, one Administrative Assistant II, and one Graduate Assistant.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3016284
Administrative & Assessment
• Develop goals and strategic plan, with Director, for the Department of Student Involvement
• Utilize data to inform department on methods to address student success measures.
• Conduct assessment (post event and annual) of student organization programs and services (e.g., organizations fair, advisor appreciation, funding, etc.).
• Oversee operations/assessment of campus access process, expressive activity, event intake processes, and campus activities.
• Assist in the creation, enforcement and interpretation of university policies and procedures, especially those related to campus access (e.g., solicitation, recruitment, posting, free speech, etc.), student organizations, organization conduct, and event management.
• Manage fee budgets and revenue for components in portfolio.
• Ensure fiscal responsibility, effective planning, efficient use of resources, and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and university policies and procedures.
• Create end-of- year reports for assigned functional area.
• Coordinate and manage marketing and social media for the department.
Student Organization Advising and Development
• Oversee policies and procedures related to student organizations – state-mandated risk management training, student organization registration, student organization travel, campus access (posting, solicitation, free speech/demonstrations), conduct, etc.
• Create and provide workshops for student organizations regarding policies, best practices, student engagement, and student success.
• Develop and coordinate student voices, in student organization programming and processes.
Student Organization Conduct
• Oversee organization conduct procedures.
• Adjudicate and investigate organization conduct cases.
• Hold administrative review hearings and determine educational sanctions, as necessary.
• Assign investigations to investigators, as needed.
• Ensure timely and effective due process in investigations.
• Facilitate education, training, and completion of sanctions for student organizations found in violation.
• Supervise, develop, mentor, and evaluate Student Development Specialist II, Student Development Specialist I, and Administrative Assistant II.
• Supervise, develop, and mentor Graduate Assistant for Student Organizations.
• Act in the absence of the Director
• Assist the Director in overseeing daily operations and functions of the department.
Expressive Activity and Demonstrations
• Serve as a co-lead of the team addressing elevated demonstrations on campus.
• Assist with oversight of campus expressive activity.
Diversity and Inclusion
• Model a strong understanding of and appreciation for the university’s, division’s, and department’s priorities related to creating inclusive and equitable environments, policies, services, and programming.
• Actively participate in departmental programs and projects designed to support the mission and goals of the university, division, and department.
• Actively participate as a member of the Division of Student Affairs.
• Serve on committees and task forces, as assigned.
• Other duties as requested or required, whether or not specifically mentioned in this job
Additional Information to Applicants:
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled:
Normal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start:
Normal Work Hours End:
Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, and list of references to your application.
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3016284 or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.