Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity & Compliance
Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity & Compliance
Community Concerns and Resolution
The Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity & Compliance will oversee the University's compliance with Title IX, Title VI, Title VII, Article 129-B, SAVE, VAWA, ADA, ADAAA and other federal and state anti-discrimination laws, regulations and requirements for Adelphi's main campus as well as all centers. This highly visible role is expected to oversee Title IX compliance as well as the protected class discrimination and harassment reports for students, faculty and staff. The Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity & Compliance will provide outreach to complainants and respondents in all cases, investigate, and supervise the Title IX Investigator and a panel of investigators (comprised of other full-time employees of the Adelphi community). This position will support the University's efforts in providing a welcoming, diverse and inclusive learning and working environment, and support the University on the Momentum 2 strategic plan.
Chief of Community Concerns and Resolution
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Coordinate efforts in this area including the development, implementation, and monitoring of appropriate disclosures, policies, procedures and practices designed to comply with federal and state legislation, regulation, and case law requiring the prompt and equitable resolution of all complaints pursuant to Title IX as well as Title VI, Title VII, SAVE, VAWA, ADA, ADAAA and other federal and state anti-discrimination laws, regulations and requirements.
• Provide leadership, direction and supervision for all activities and personnel of these areas including consulting with relevant policy-making bodies and senior personnel for the purpose of advising, clarifying and identifying necessary action to eliminate discrimination, harassment and retaliation in all educational and employment programs and activities, to ensure that access to facilities, opportunities, and resources is equitable throughout the campus.
• Provide and oversee ongoing campus-wide training on Title IX, Title VI, Title VII, SAVE, VAWA, ADA, ADAAA and other federal and state anti-discrimination laws, regulations and requirements for all students and employees, with specialized training content for hearing officers/boards, investigators, campus public safety, and appeals officers.
• Meet with complainants and respondents in Title IX, protected class discrimination and harassment cases, provide referrals to support resources, policy information, and assist with reporting options.
• Oversee and implement campus efforts aimed at the prevention of sexual violence and other forms of sex and/or gender-based discrimination as well as protected class discrimination and harassment.
• Develop and disseminate educational materials (such as brochures, posters, and web-based materials) that inform members of the campus community of Title IX, Title VI, Title VII, SAVE, VAWA, ADA, ADAAA and other federal and state anti-discrimination rights, responsibilities and resources from the University and external campus partners.
• Oversee prompt, effective, and equitable intake of reports; investigations; issuing of findings of fact; and timely resolution of all instances of discrimination, harassment and retaliation made known to responsible employees and/or reported or filed by students, faculty, staff, third parties, or by members of the broader community.
• Oversee compliance efforts of other campus delegates, departments and offices (e.g., investigators, student conduct, public safety, health services, counseling services, student affairs, human resources, academic affairs, athletics, etc.) with regards to Title IX, Title VI, Title VII, SAVE, VAWA, ADA, ADAAA and other federal and state anti-discrimination laws, regulations and requirements.
• Oversee the investigation process, in coordination with the Title IX Investigator. Train and supervise panel investigators, conduct and coordinate investigations, provide initial remedial actions, ensure adherence to timelines, provide appropriate interim actions and remedies.
• Organize and maintain files, disposition reports, and other records regarding compliance in Maxient Conduct Manager. Review reports for the development of patterns and oversee appropriate educational methods to address.
• Oversee all campus annual Title IX reporting as required by state and federal law, such as aggregate data reporting to New York State and Clery crime reporting.
• Conduct the Title IX campus climate assessment.
• Serve as principal contact for government inquiries pursuant to Title IX, Title VI, Title VII, SAVE, VAWA, ADA, ADAAA and other federal and state anti-discrimination laws, regulations and requirements.
• Serve as a member of the University's Behavior Intervention Team.
• Work closely with public safety, student conduct and community standards, the provost's office, and human resources.
• Participate in committee meetings as needed to achieve the University's mission and Momentum 2 plans.
• Act as a liaison with outside agencies such as the Safe Center LI, oversee MOU's with off campus partners
• Consult with external University counsel as needed.
• Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Chief of Community Concerns and Resolution.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Experience with making recommendations and/or effecting changes to policies, revising practices and implementing equitable procedures across departments, including human resources, public safety, athletics, academic affairs, and student affairs/student conduct.
• Knowledge of current state and federal law and regulations, identified best practices and trends in the field of higher education related to harassment and discrimination.
• Ability to design and implement training programs for students, faculty, and administrators across campus, demonstrate accountability with respect to attendance, and a strong focus on training assessment.
• Expertise in building relationships and balancing conflicting interests of diverse stakeholders.
• Excellent oral, public speaking, and written communication skills.
• Work effectively and efficiently as a team member, in an environment that strongly encourages collaboration with colleagues.
• Demonstrated accomplishments working with individuals and groups from a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Excellent judgement and decision-making skills, with a strong attention to detail.
• Eagerness to learn/use new technology. Prior use or knowledge of Maxient Conduct Manager system preferred.
• Evening and weekend work as needed.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in Title IX and/or compliance required.
• Juris doctorate, counseling/mental health, higher education, human resources or advanced degree in a related field is preferred.
• Substantive Title IX training or certifications is preferred.
• Title IX Investigator.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3069256
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.