Click Martha to see resume
|Describe your goals and objectives for the position you seek and how they relate to and would advance the association's vision, mission and core values.
ASCA has served as my professional home for more than a decade as I progressed through my career as a student affairs and conduct professional. The network, relationships, resources, opportunities, and growth experiences are those that have defined my professional career. I firmly believe ASCA serves as a different resource for each of its members and the goal of the association is to provide an all encompassing professional experience for conduct professionals and those is direct connection with conduct at their institutions.
Our organization sits at a critical time in society in which our voices should be used to advocate for necessary change and inclusion at all levels. Conduct is the art of educating our students with a different approach- this approach must include inclusionary practices, multicultural competence, and self-reflective work of the professionals guiding our students on this journey most importantly inclusion in all practices.
I ask for your support and vote as I seek the office of President- elect of this growing organization. My goals for ASCA are to continue the vital advocacy at all levels, re-think our approach to outreach to partnering organizations and new members, expand educational resources and opportunities for current members, restructure board positions to reflect the current needs of the organization and serve as the leading voice of guidance for issues impacting our profession, students, and careers. I want to continue the current path of ASCA of fiscal responsibility, explore new avenues for educational outreach, expanding opportunities for member involvement, and preparing and mentoring new and young professionals to serve as critical voices in the forward movement of the organization.
The position of President- Elect serves the constituency and promotes the needs of the association, not of the individual elected to the position. I pledge to serve this organization with a listening heart, committed actions, and intentional deeds governed by the association. The association engaged in a strategic planning process in 2014, culminating in a strategic plan focused on advancing the profession in strategic, purposeful, deliberate, and intentional objectives.
ASCA’s strategic plan outlines six critical goals to navigate its path forward and as the president- elect, continuing our path essential goals set by the Board of Directors would serve as the cornerstone of my leadership. This would include:
- the continuation of essential partnerships with other professional organizations and the commission of research studies within the organization to continue generating critical knowledge for the education of the membership;
- inclusive and comprehensive instructional and training curriculum for the membership, to include direct feedback from members in regards to educational needs and crucial areas for additional training
- generating a framework for purposeful, intentional, and strategic advocacy
- redesigning the membership experience for new and current members to incorporate new learning and leadership trends
- creating a leadership development model for the Board of Directors, members engaged in leadership opportunities, and members interested in leadership, establishing a strong community of leaders for the organization; and
- continuing to evaluate the current organizational structure to determine if it reflects the current needs of the association
|Click Bonnie to see resume|